These are the current boomerangs I have out there for CTG and a new retail concept called Under new Management on Sydney’s Oxford St.
I’ve been asked alot lately about approaching sponsors. Here’s what I know.
1. Some people like emails. Others like phone calls. Work out what your contact likes.
2. It takes about 2 weeks to get a response, whether by email or phone call. It’s likely you will make 3 follow-ups of each, allowing 3 days inbetween.
3. People have budgets to spend on marketing plans both internally and externally developed. Find out who best to influence.
4. Don’t put everything in the first email. These people get enquiries every day, so if you don’t catch them in the first 2 sentences, the next 20 aren’t. Make it short and strategic. Act like you’ve asked a thousand other companies and that you know the drill.
5. It’s hard asking for money to start something. No matter how amazing you think the idea is, people will like you but they won’t invest in you. If you can build the community first, they’ll come calling.
Or emailing. Depending on what you like the most ;)